Objectives and Outputs
- Study how Latino immigrants integrate into new settlement communities.
- Foster integration and recognize the contributions of new residents.
- Identify factors that facilitate or impede socioeconomic integration.
- What are the strategies Latino immigrants use to integrate into communities and lead sustainable, high quality lives?
- What factors facilitate or impede their economic integration?
- Recommendations to help inform organizations and policy makers on the means that facilitate successful paths of integration.
- Policy briefs will be written to guide local and state level institutions.
- A handbook will be prepared on how to develop community integration indicators and how to use them for community development.
- The investigators will write a book of community case studies and present findings at forums and Cambio de Colores.